Young Researchers Scholarship Programme
On behalf of the Federal State of Baden-Württemberg, IdGL awards research scholarships for students (who are at least in their 4th semester of study) and young researchers (doctoral and postdoctoral researchers), who are under 35 years of age. The scholarship is addressed to applicants from East Central Europe and South East Europe (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Ukraine, Hungary).
Awards are conditional on a scientific research theme that dovetails with the Institute’s research fields and thus also with its overall research programme.
Funding is awarded in the shape of a grant. Students and doctoral researchers receive a monthly scholarship of € 1,000, postdoctoral researchers and professorial candidates etc. € 1,500. This sum is for a full calendar month, i.e. the sum is paid out pro rata temporis in the case of shorter visits. Travel costs for the return journey to Tübingen are reimbursed upon presentation of the respective tickets. Travel costs for research trips that are subject to approval (visits to libraries and archives) during the scholarship period as well as material expenses (book money) can also be accepted up to a certain amount.
The scholarship is awarded for a period of one month up to six months. A one-time extension is possible.
The application deadlines are 15 January and 15 July each year. Applications may only be submitted for the current year.
The following application documents are required:
- Application form
- handwritten curriculum vitae with recent passport photograph
- Overview of studies to date or scientific career, as applicable
- List of publications, if applicable
- Copies of certificates and transcripts
- Draft outline of the research theme (e.g. thesis, dissertation) for which the scholarship is requested
- References from two university professors or lecturers
- DAAD language certificate or comparable qualification